02 January 2014

Day 34 (week five)

Happy new year! 

I celebrated by going to a house party with a few friends. We all got very merry and I did no harm to my new face which I was very pleased about!

Eating wise, I've been doing some chewing (but nothing too extreme). I can manage pasta no problem as long as I chop it in half. Anything I realise is too hard once it's gone in my mouth I tend to swallow whole. I can open my mouth two fingers width now.

My numbness has still been exactly the same (bottom lip and upper part of my chin). However tonight when I was eating I kept thinking I had a hair on my lip when I didn't which I'm going to take as a sign! I get a lot of pins and needles in these areas.

I'm still wearing rubber bands at night only but it's really starting to make my teeth sore in the mornings - I'm going to ask my orthodontist about this next week. I also have really bad pain in my teeth when I brush but I think this might be because I bought myself a posh electric toothbrush at the weekend and my mouth isn't used to it yet! Oh and the remaining stitches are really irritating me so I think I'll ask to get them taken out next week as my ortho said he was allowed!



1 month post op

Day 34 and I can do a (lopsided) duck face again!

No comments:

Post a Comment